Wednesday, October 14, 2009

BALLS OF THE WEEK #2...BEYONCE


Balls of the Week is a series here on Finding Me. I will be talking about someone on a level of dopeness not obtained by most. It's about the folks that step outside of what is expected of them and reach for something higher. It's about the folks that don't settle for normal. Normal is boring....

Ok, there's probably a MILLION reasons that we could think of for Mrs. Knowles-Carter and why she's dope. Whether you like her, love her, hate her, or could care less, Beyonce's got balls.

Really, I think Beyonce' has the potential to become as big as Miss Tina Turner (minus the beatdowns). If Tina announced that she wanted to ever do a tour again, TRUST, she would sell out. I think that Beyonce' could achieve that type of status in her lifetime. Let's ignore Bey's penchant for the five thousand dollar lace front wigs and onesies for a moment. She's talented, has CRAZY stage presence, and is a dope entertainer. I've got Destiny's Child Destiny Fulfilled tour and both of Bey's previous tours on DVD. Beyonce/Sasha definitely has a big personality on stage. Now I can't say that I connect with her music all the time, but I must admit, most of it is definitely catchy. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, I still break out all of my dance moves when Get Me Bodied comes on.

But here's my real reason why I think Beyonce' is deserving of the Balls of the Week title. This woman basically said "Ok, it's me, and two other chicks doing all of my videos for this album. We don't need all those extras. They can just look at us dancing for 3 and a half minutes."

REALLY BEY? You just gonna forsake all those video chicks and attention loving extras, the ones that need the money during these times of recession? Is that how you feel? You and two chicks (One is still questionable, I SWEAR that the lil dark-skinned one had a penis when it was born is a dude.) just out there gettin' it IN, just simple sets and your background dancers. Well, some could argue that it's just like Destiny's Child days, when Bey was front and center and Michelle and Kelly (and the other former members) lacked any relevance, they were just there to make Bey look good. Whatever the feeling, Bey is hot, Bey is fierce, and not many folks can just say "hey, let's just make this a video with just me and some other chicks dancing." So for that reason, Mrs. Knowles-Carter, I salute you, you've got the Balls of the Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment