Tuesday, October 6, 2009

PJ! PJ! PJ! PJ!

Ok, so I told you folks about PJ Morton last week. I saw his concert at Double Door, and I am that much more of a fan! When someone's music already makes you feel good when you're in the car, and they can then evoke MORE feelings live...MAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN....that's an artist for that ass!!!! I mean, so much profanity ran through my head as I witnessed the greatness that is PJ on Friday (it was happiness-filled profanity). That man was just that dope.

PJ's live act is beyond words. I can't really even describe it really. I was so happy to get to the Double Door and see him that I forgot to eat. I hadn't eaten since 12pm that day, and PJ didn't even hit the stage til midnight. By the time he came out, my feet were hurting (I had on pumps), I was dizzy as all hell, and I was irritated by the girl who decided to stand in front of me. Nevertheless, all ailments were forgotten (momentarily) once PJ got on stage. Eventually, I had to sit down and my hubby got me some water, cuz I was dizzy and dehydrated. Yes, big ol me neglected all sense because I just wanted to get to PJ.

I was also excited to see one of his background singers, Zebulan Ellis. If you don't recognize the name, he was one of the contestants on BET's Sunday's Best, a singing competition for the good ole gospel folks. Now Zebulan was great on the show, and he was #4 of all contestants, getting eliminated as the last man standing (the final 3 contestants were female). Anyways, Zebulan was great on the show, but I am so glad that he didn't win!!! My husband and I got to tell him as much after PJ's show. Zebulan's voice is an instrument, he is awesome. Zeb used his voice as some of the flute parts from one of PJ's songs, but his vocal range in general is just crazy. I can't wait to hear what he's going to do on his own album.
All in all, the concert was great. I didn't even want to listen to PJ's CD once we got back in the car, not because it was bad, but because after a live performance like that...yeah, he definitely needs a live album, asap! I was still excited on the way home, and on the way to work the following morning. I only got 4 hours of sleep, but it was definitely worth it. Besides, I climbed right back into the bed as soon as I got home.
Be on the lookout for PJ's album "Walk Alone" in stores 2.9.10!!! You won't be disappointed. His first single "The One" should be hitting airwaves pretty soon. It's dope!


No comments:

Post a Comment