Monday, July 20, 2009

1st Anniversary!!!

Greetings!!!!

Today was a very calm day. I decided to stay at home and try to be a little productive with cleaning/getting ready to move. (We still have yet to find somewhere to live, our lease is up July 31st...it is now July 20
th
...)

This past Friday marked the one year anniversary of making one of the best decisions of my life. Thursday, July 17
th
, 2008, at approximately 12:05am, me and Terrence Aaron Pruitt decided to make it official, to be a couple. It is one of the things that I am happy and proud of doing, and can't thank God enough for this man!!!

I'll give a run down of the weekend....

FRIDAY.My hubby told me that he was taking care of the celebratory festivities, and the only thing I had to do was get cute and be ready. Friday I went to work anticipating what was to come. All day, I could not focus on work. My boss had already told me it was okay to cut out a few hours early, and I was just waiting til 3pm came around. I was so anxious that I didn't even realize that 3pm had come and gone, it was close to 4pm, and my husband had sent me a text letting me know he had been downstairs waiting on me.

Once we got home, got ready, and headed out, I was already aware we were going to dinner, I just didn't know where. When we pulled up in front of
Fogo de Chao
, I was ecstatic. Friends had told me about this place, and I hadn't been able to remember the name so I could tell T. The place is dope. It's a Brazilian restaurant, beautiful ambiance, delicious food. You must go!!!

T told me that part of the night's plans had been thwarted because of the weather (thanks
el nino
). Despite the weather, we enjoyed each other's company, and headed home to chill before going to sleep. I was told I needed rest for the next day's events and my 9am appointment.

SATURDAY. Because of the hints T had been giving me for the past week, I assumed that I would be going to a spa Saturday morning. I just had no idea how much planning and thought had gone into my spa day. While the workers got the spa set up and I sat waiting for my spa day to start, T set out a nice breakfast for me on one of the tables at the spa. Strawberries, muffins, and mimosas would keep myself and the staff company until he returned. It was then that the receptionist revealed that I would be there for four hours. FOUR HOURS!!!! All I was thinking was what does this man have planned for me?! Nevertheless, I received a manicure/pedicure, complete with paraffin wax and polish, a full body massage AND a facial!!!! I sipped multiple mimosas, a listened to the CD my man had made for me while I just relaxed and enjoyed my day.

Next, he picked me up, WITH OUR CAR COMPLETELY DETAILED!!!! If you know anything about us, you'd know that that car has seen some rough times, and the interior was covered in shoes, papers, Tyler's toys and anything else you could probably imagine. My hubby had spent his time waiting for me cleaning out our car. I was so happy, and thanked him for being such a sweetheart. We then stopped at Fannie May's to let me pick out some chocolate for myself and then headed to Dixie Kitchen for lunch.

The plan was to go to my cousin's 30
th birthday party that night, but our mini nap when we arrived at home turned into full fledged sleep. Instead, we rushed to the nearest Target to purchase the 4th season of 24 and Busta Rhymes' new CD
...both were definitely good buys!!!! We grabbed some food on the way home and enjoyed each other's company as we watched another season of 24. Gotta love Jack Bauer!!!

SUNDAY. Sunday was a little rough. We were both super sleepy and fought hard to stay in the bed. But we knew we had to be obedient and finally got our tails up and headed to church. It was definitely worth it. After church we grabbed a few things and headed over to my mom's/grandma's house to barbecue. Turkey burgers, italian turkey sausage, steak, chicken wings, corn, potato salad...all of it was off the chain!!! We definitely have dinner for the next week in our refrigerator.

I am just thankful for T. I am living proof that if you pray and get specific with God, if it is right for you, God will acquiesce. I started by making a list of exactly what I wanted in a man. T had been on my mind, but other things kept us from pursuing a relationship. But God made it so we would be able to get to know each other even better and become man and wife. I am so happy and thankful each day that God saw fit to bless me with exactly what I wanted--no carbon copy, no knock offs--He gave me the real deal!!!!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment