Thursday, July 16, 2009

Love is...

So many people claim to know what love is. Here's some responses I've gotten lately...
*True love =you can eat off my plate and I won't kill you (I kinda agree with that one)

*True love is spending time apart and yearning to be with that person. You're counting the time till you can see them again.

*True love is not using a condom (yeah, I've heard someone say that).
*True love is spending my money on you


I believe in true love...the type of love where you spend all your time thinking about someone...you can't help but find a way to talk about them in every conversation you have...you can live without them, but you sure as hell don't want to...your heart yearns to be with that person, no matter if you just saw them ten minutes ago...no matter how much time passes, you find more reasons why you love them...you try to stay mad and it never works...encouraging them to be the best person they can be...helping them reach their goals and achieve their dreams...I believe in love, true love...that type of love that makes your whole day go wrong when that person is not near you or you can't hear their voice...when no matter how long you've been with them, the love always seems new and fresh.

I have been blessed to find my soulmate, my help meet in my husband. Not many people can say that the person they have married is the person they're supposed to be with. I find this sad and downright unacceptable. People marry for so many reasons, but few are the right ones.

For the most part, I believe that the descriptions of true love above(minus the one about the condom...don't get me started on that one) are all very accurate. Some may question the money one, but I'll explain...

My husband and I have had multiple conversations about money and relationships. Before we got married, talking about money was always an uncomfortable subject for me (it still kinda is). What my husband (boyfriend at the time) explained to me was that I was his woman, and anything I needed, he was there to provide. I told him how uncomfortable I was talking about money, and he told me that I needed to get over it. I told him about a friend whose boyfriend had told her "Don't you know I love you? I wouldn't be spending all my money on you and giving you stuff if I didn't love you!"


At first, the words of my friend's significant other bothered me. How can he equate his love with money and possessions? I thought. I shared this with my boo. He then explained to me something that made perfect sense. He told me that where a man's heart is, that's where his money is as well. A man, he said, won't spend signifcant amounts of money on just some woman. Yeah he might take someone out to dinner or a movie or something, but that isn't significant. When a man starts dropping copious amounts of money on a woman, that woman is what he loves. His money goes where his heart is. It makes sense!!!

Well here we are married, in love, and open as hell about everything, and I still don't like talking about money. I've gotten a little bit better than before, but I still cringe a little at the subject. He tells me to get over it, and I suppose I will at some point, but for now....

BACK TO TRUE LOVE!!!!


I'm out. Work is over, and I'm going to see my man!!!




This song describes everything I feel for my man!!! I only wish everyone got to know this feeling...

Point of it All, Anthony Hamilton

Lyrics:


I can't stay away from you too long\

Even if I do I always call

Check in on you, make sure you're okay

Be the one to brighten up your day


And the point of it all
Is I love you

You know I love you baby


My days seem long whenever we're apart

It´s like someone has thrown away my heart

You´re a major part of my life

And no matter what the storm may bring

I´m fine with you,


And the point of it all

Is I love you

And the reason for it all

Is I love you


O I love

O I love you

O my love


I can´t stay away too long

I can´t stay away from you baby

Don´t wanna be without you

I need you

O why don´t you stay

Around for awhile


And the point of it all

And the point of it all

And the point of it all

And the point of it all

Ohhohh, and the reason for it all

And the point of it all

Is that I love you


Yeah, I love you

Whenever we're apart

It damn near starves my heart

And I don´t ever want to be apart


No comments:

Post a Comment